This Illinois Birth Injury Trial Lawyer website is published by Elman Joseph Law Group, LLC. Our main office location is at:
- 212 W. Washington, Suite 1208, Chicago, IL 60606
Do you feel that your medical provider committed a mistake that caused a birth injury? If so, you may be able to pursue legal action against them for the birth injury.
Birth injuries can take many forms and are generally caused by the careless or negligent acts of a doctor, nurse, hospital or other healthcare provider. If an infant suffers a birth injury, you may be able to successfully file a lawsuit seeking monetary damages.
If you or a family member are concerned your infanct may have been the victim of negligence – or that your baby was in some way mistreated or neglected – please contact our offices immediately.
Birth injury lawsuits can be filed for many reasons. Common causes include:
- Delay in performing a cesarean section (C-section)
- Failure to perform a cesarean section when one is warranted
- Failure to respond to bleeding
- Failure to properly address umbilical cord complications
- Negligence during medical procedures
- Mistaken diagnosis
- Anesthesia errors
- Failure to promptly treat a condition
- Misuse of medical equipment such as forceps
- Improper care of newborn
- Infections of mother and/or baby
- Failure to adequately manage complications such as breech birth
Serious long-term medical conditions often result from birth injuries. Some of these conditions include paralysis, brain injuries, cerebral palsy, spinal cord injuries, bruises, bone injuries, and infections.
If you believe that your infant may have been the victim of negligence that caused a birth injury, call the Elman Joseph Law Group at 773-392-8182 to immediately talk to a distinguished trial lawyer. This consultation is provided free of charge. Elman Joseph Law Group works on a contingency basis, meaning that clients never pay a fee unless and until they receive a monetary award.